Monday, November 29, 2010

Church fail..

This past Sunday was a complete church fail. 
I’m going to blame it on the night of drinking that preceded. 
Wait... I think that’s a church fail too. 
Doh!
I ended up wearing a black bra.. underneath a white shirt. I can’t even begin to tell you how embarrassed I was  as I stood there in the perfect bathroom light noticing it for the first time. I prayed and prayed that no one would notice and that the lighting for the rest of the morning would be on my side. Thankfully the sanctuary lighting is relatively dim in comparison, but unfortunately this was my week to serve at the book stand- meaning half my time was spent outside of the sanctuary in bright and natural light. 
I do have two defenses to this atrocity though, maybe three if I can be that creative. For one, I didn’t even put two and two together until it was obviously too late and the second is that I was wearing an undershirt- just like always. I grew up wearing them whenever I stayed with my grandmother and if I don’t wear one, I feel like I’m going commando. Needless to say, I wear one under everything and up until now I’ve never had to think twice about the color of my bra. It wasn’t until now that it failed me. And now I’ve forgotten the third. 

No comments: