Thursday, November 25, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

There's a local restaurant around here that makes the most amazing Peanut Butter Pie (PBP) you could ever dream of. I usually have to order it with a side of vanilla ice cream just to break up the peanut butter a little bit. I've tried to recreate it a couple times, but never found a recipe that came super close. Until now.

I might add that it was while making this pie that I realized how much it would suck to be allergic to peanuts. Can you imagine? Oh, the horror!

But, anyway.

The Players:
You'll need a 9" chocolate pie crust, 12 oz. container of whipped topping (Cool Whip), 1 jar (11.75) hot fudge ice cream topping, 1 c. peanut butter, 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar


 In a bowl mix together cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. If you like a really thick, strong peanut butter flavor, add more peanut butter here. I think next time I'll add an extra 1/4 cup just to give it a little extra oomph. Don't worry though- it's still just as delicious if you leave it just as it is.


It should look like this. I could totally dig peanut butter cream cheese.


Then add 3 cups of the whipped topping and mix it all together. I used a spoon for this as I didn't want to over mix and ruin the whipped topping.



And, oh my it is so good. I could seriously just stop here and grab a spoon and enjoy life. 


 But, I have a pie to make. So scoop the filling out of the bowl and into your crust.


Smooth it out to the edges, making it as level as possible.


Now, take the lid off your jar of topping and then put it in the microwave for about a minute, no more, I'd probably o like 50 seconds. It's going to be really hot when you take it out, so becareful. Stir it together (I used a knife) and then pour it on top of your pie.

And then put your pie in the fridge for about 10 minutes, just long enough to cool the chocolate topping and let it set.

Once it's set, pull it out and take the rest of your whipped topping- about a cup and half- and spread it out on top of your pie, becareful not to mix the chocolate layer and the whipped topping layer.

The put it back in the fridge for a couple hours to set completely.

It's amazing! Enjoy!

No comments: