Tuesday, December 21, 2010

An American Classic

About a week ago, my mom was craving Rice Krispy Treats and kept bringing them up over and over. Finally, on like the 4th or 5th time of her talking about how long it's been since she's had them, I decided to make them, if only to get her to stop hinting to me about them. And so I went out and bought the ingredients:




A box of Rice Krispies cereal, a bag of marshmallows and a quarter stick of butter. 
I have to say too, these really are the easiest things to make and oh so yummy. No baking required!

Once again, I forgot to take a couple pictures. So bear with me. 

Melt your butter in a large pan and once it's melted add your marshmallows. Stir and stir until your marshmallows are melted and then add your cereal. Stir and stir that around until your cereal is properly coated in marshmallowy goodness and then transfer it to a 9 x 13 pan. I think the next time I make them though I'm going to toss in an extra handful of marshmallows. 


Once in the pan push it down until it's as level and even as you can get it or want it.

The directions say to use wax paper or a greased spatula, I say just use your hand. 10, 000x easier. 



Then enjoy. Try not to eat them all at once though, even though that's barely possible. 

Once you have a bite, you remember how good they were and next thing you know, half the pan is gone. 

The recipe for these can be found on the side of any Rice Krispies cereal box. 

There's something about making these that just brings back awesome childhood memories for me of when I was a kid making them with my mom, and I'm sure it'll do the same for you. I somehow remember them being a lot more difficult to make when I was a kid and now that I've remade them and realized how easy (and cheap!) they really are, it's definitely something I'll be making a lot more of. 

Nom, nom, nom.

No comments: