Monday, December 13, 2010

McDonald's (not all that surprising) Fail

Usually when I have McDonald's, I order a cheeseburger Happy Meal with a diet soda. I do this for 2 reasons, first, it comes in around 520 calories, which really isn't that bad. Not great, but for fast food, it's not bad at all. Second, I like the toy. I'm not ashamed to admit that either. Currently they have Transformers which are just awesomely fun. Okay, 3 reasons, the third is because it's the perfect size and amount of food. Who needs all that food that comes with the other meals? Is just too much for me.

Except today. Which by the time this posts, was really the other day, but you get the idea.

I skipped breakfast this morning so by the time lunch rolled around, I was starvin' marvin'.

So, I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese meal. It just sounded so good and like I said, I was really hungry.

I like to read while I eat, and I'll read anything. Back of shampoo bottles, year old TV guides, other people's mail.. anything.

Here's a picture of something I read on my quarter pounder box today,


My quarter pounder only has, and I quote, "a pinch of seasoning."



Really McDonald's? Is that what you call a pinch? Somehow I find it hard to believe that "a pinch of seasoning" equals 1190mg of sodium, 50% of my daily allowance.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not tricked into thinking McDonald's is healthy by any means, I know it's not, but I can't help but feel like they're misleading us. In my opinion, they're guilty of false advertising. Anybody else agree? It shows in the picture that correlates with they're " a pinch" caption, salt and pepper shakers.. so if there is only a pinch of these, how does my burger have 1190 mg of sodium?

I'm so confused!

I've always been a fan of fast food restaurants having to put nutrition labels on everything and I think this is a perfect example of why. How misleading would this be without a nutrition label on the bottom of the box stating what exactly McDonald's considers a pinch to be.

Honestly though, I would happier if McDonald's would just remove the false caption from their box. I don't really like being lied to and I have a feeling most of their consumers would agree.

No comments: