Monday, December 20, 2010

Artichoke and Spinach Dip

Who doesn't love artichoke and spinach dip? It's one of my absolute favs with tortilla chips, especially the blue ones. It's not something that needs an introduction so we'll skip directly to the players. 

Allow me to introduce the cast


 You'll need a frozen package of spinach (thawed), an 8oz package of cream cheese, a 1/2 cup of Parm. cheese (I used a little extra though), a 1/2 cup of shredded mozz cheese (I used a little extra of that too, and took the lazy way out and got preshredded), a 12-14 ox can of artichokes and about a teaspoon give or take of garlic powder. 

First, preheat your oven to 325-350


Thaw out your spinach in the microwave if needed and then make sure you absorb all the extra water that comes out form it, otherwise you'll have soggy spinach dip. 


Add your block of softened cream cheese. 


The cut up your artichokes into whatever size you want to eat on your chip. 


I cut mine up  little too small, I like it chunkier artichokes. 


Add then to your bowl


Then add your cheeses


And your garlic


Mix it all up really well


And then I forgot pictures after that, but you toss it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until it's warm and creamy and brown and toasty. 

Let it cool for a few minutes and then dive in. 

No comments: