Friday, December 24, 2010

Candy Dipped Peanut Butter Ritz Sandwiches

Yes, I realize that title is a mouth full, but I didn't think of it myself. It actually came from Kevin and Amanda's blog. Amanda posted this recipe the other day and when I first saw it, I thought, Hmm.. what a weird combination, but yet it looks so tasty! So when Gramps went to the store later I had him pick up some Ritz and some vanilla candy chocolate. Unfortunately, the store was out of the chocolate so I had to wait until I felt up to going myself. Which was today.

Which goes to show just how amazing these are, because instead of posting cupcakes, I'm posting these.

After I got home with the chocolate though, they kind of stopped sounding good to me. Because they have kind of weird ingredients that make you go Hmmm. But, seeing as how I had everything I needed anyway and I'm rolling on 2 hours of sleep, I figured Eh, what the heck and made a dozen.

And Gramps loved them so much that even after that first batch, he asked me to please make some more so he could have them as dessert when he was finished with dinner.

He never does that.

Ever.

That's how good these are.

So, her pictures over there are way better than mine, but this is my blog, so here are my pictures.

The players:



And this is the one thing I love so much about these.. They are so incredibly easy. No oven. No stove. Only 3 ingredients. 

Anybody can make these.  

I used Reduced Fat Ritz (hey- it's what Gramps bought), Simply Jif Low Sodium Peanut Butter (hey- it was on sale), and vanilla candy chocolate, which is basically just white chocolate, don't be fooled. 

You can totally use regular Ritz and regular peanut butter, but you can also make it less bad for you by not. They came out so, so, so amazing that I will forever choose the oh-so-slightly-less-bad-for-you option. 

Makes me feel less guilty since I can't stop at eating just one. 


So, spread some peanut butter on your Ritz. Be generous, peanut butter is a gift from God. 


And make it a little peanut butter Ritz sandwich by topping it off with another Ritz. 

By the way, I think this might be the best food picture I've ever taken. 


Melt your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. I did 45 seconds, stirred, 45 seconds, stirred, until it was done. 

It doesn't take that long. 

And then dip and coat. I forgot that picture, but I bet Amanda has one. 


And then I stuck them on a cookie rack on top of foil to dry. 

But if your as impatient as I am, I suggest you put them in the fridge for a few minutes. 

Then you can eat them right away. 

And as long as you make them the not so bad for you way, you'll love eating them so much that you won't start to feel guilty until you're on number four. 

Trust me. 

No comments: